In harmony with other support services, the Advisory program provides students with daily contact and guidance from seasoned Advisors. A student can go to an Advisor with a host of questions or concerns on a wide rages of topics including: academic choices, social interactions, extra-curricular options, exam preparation, retreats, community service opportunities, clubs, homework and much more. Essentially, the student/Advisor relationship is designed for students as they navigate the waters of their High School experience.
The learning specialist works with students, parents/guardians, and faculty to ensure that each student has a chance to succeed and that all students are empowered to discover how they learn best. The primary responsibility is to secure accommodations and modifications for students with documented learning differences and to advocate for them as needed.
- Drop-in counseling
- Brief individual counseling
- Peer Counseling
- Consultation with parents
- Consultation with administrative and teaching team
- Facilitating outside referrals
- Liaison with outside mental health providers
- Crisis intervention
- Coordination of outside speakers for advisory
- A place to 'de-stress' after an exam or important event