Founded in 1962, French American International School and International High School is a multicultural, multilingual PK-12 educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of San Francisco. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance. Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds, and together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, Curiosity.
The Middle School Dean of Students assists the Principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. The Middle School Dean works closely with the Principal, Faculty and staff members, students and parents/guardians.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Work collaboratively with the Middle School Principal and the Middle School administrative team on all school matters
- Develop trusting relationships with students and families
- Lead Faculty and Staff in clarifying the school’s expectations for behavior
- Handle all student issues and disciplinary situations
- Communicate with the Principal, teachers, advisors, learning specialists, counselors and parents as necessary regarding student issues and disciplinary situations
- Lead the Advisory Program and oversee with our Counselor our Social Emotional curriculum
- Serve as an advisor in Middle School
- Manage student and faculty schedules
- Manage students’ attendance and teachers’ substitutions
- Edit the student and family handbook
The candidate must be eligible to work in the US and have the following qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A genuine enjoyment in working with early adolescents
- Experience working with Middle School students and parents
- Ability to handle disciplinary situations and reinforce the values of our school
- Ability to follow through with students, parents, colleagues, and the Principal on all disciplinary matters from beginning to end
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Sense of humor
- Awareness of differentiated learning and teaching styles
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Please submit cover letter and resume to Middle School Principal Fabrice Urrizalqui: email@example.com
The Associate Director of Digital Media will play a leading role in developing and directing French American and International’s digital media presence including management of the School’s website. The position will work cross-functionally within the organization to represent the voice of the school among various audiences, including current and prospective families, faculty and staff. This position offers the opportunity for close, collaborative work with a team of dedicated and dynamic marketing and communication professionals.
The Associate Director of Digital Media will be responsible for the creation of online content, as well as the analytics and tracking of our content. They will coordinate closely with the rest of the Marketing and Communications team to design and launch publications and engagement campaigns. They should have website management expertise, social media experience, expert writing and editing skills, and a strong project management background. The role will also require excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to collect and synthesize input from various stakeholders. They will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Schedule, input, and format most website content, including text, images, information, and media to keep content fresh and relevant
Oversee the ongoing functionality and integrity of the website from technical, design, and content perspectives, and develop new functionality as needed
Lead any necessary redesign work of our website, including managing third-party developers and web designers
Build and support SEO strategies, including optimizing keywords in content marketing projects
Track traffic and performance trends for frenchamericansf.org and internationalsf.org websites to inform strategy
Manage externally facing donation and ticket sales templates which tie into school financial operations
Ensure accurate constituent data and website access across departments
Coordinate data integration and create seamless data flow between multiple databases, including migration of data to third-party systems
Troubleshoot all web support questions and requests for help from constituents
Email Marketing and Communication
Oversee and maintain a communications calendar for all email communications for the year
Coordinate email marketing and communications, including building templates, formatting, scheduling, distributing emails for both internal communication and email campaigns, and actively supporting other departments in their communications projects
Analyze audiences, formulate plans to segment audiences, and work with the Advancement and Admission teams to plan targeted outreach
Create, curate, edit, and publish engaging content daily across multiple social media platforms
Perform research on benchmark trends and stay up-to-date on social media and audience activity trends
Day-to-day community management (communicating with followers, responding to questions in a timely manner, seeking engagement opportunities, etc.)
Have hands-on experience with website management and are familiar with web design
Enjoy thinking critically with a results-driven, hands-on orientation
Believe strongly in the power of storytelling
Have a strong customer service focus
Possess an understanding of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
Have a track record of collaboration and teamwork, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with multiple stakeholders
Plan and think strategically, backed up by excellent execution skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Thrive working on a small, collaborative team
Bachelor’s Degree required
The High School Athletic Conditioning Teacher teaches students in grades 9 and 10 who choose the athletic conditioning option for their physical education requirement. This position is part-time (8 hours / week) and reports to the Head of Physical Education and High School Principal.
- Responsible for preparing lesson plans and tracking students' progress.
- Assessing student against school standards and filling out report cards
- Willing to work as a team with other educators.
- Preparing students to achieve physical and mental excellence in all aspects of their life.
- Educating student athletes on the importance of proper nutrition
- Teaching students how to avoid injuries and become fully functional athletes
- Using cardiovascular training, body weight, weight training, balance, and core strength.
- Attending back to school, meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- BA in Physical Education or equivalent
- Experienced athlete
- Experience in teaching physical education and coaching, especially at the upper school levels
- Good rapport with children and classroom management skills
- Awareness of differentiated learning and different teaching styles.
- Strong collaboration skills
- High energy and infectious enthusiasm!
Submit cover letter and resume to Marion Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
L'Ecole primaire du Lycée International Franco-Américain de San Francisco recrute pour l'année scolaire 2017-2018 : Professeur(e)s remplaçant(e)s
Nécessité d'avoir en sa possession un permis de travail.
Le Lycée International Franco-Américain de San Francisco, établissement scolaire privé à but non lucratif, accueille des élèves de la maternelle à la terminale. Il offre un enseignement bilingue, conforme aux programmes de l'Education Nationale.
Les candidatures (lettre de motivation, CV complet) seront adressées par courriel à Frank Gendre, email@example.com.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
Qualifications: Previous experience working with elementary aged children in a classroom setting (desired); interest in pursuing education goals (preferred); excellent English language skills; ability to understand French is a plus.
This is an hourly position and benefits are not included.
Send resume and CV to: ellenb@frenchamericansf.
The French American International School currently has multiple positions available within the After School Program for the 2018-2019 school year, starting August 15, 2018 through June 12, 2019. These positions include: lunch / nap / recess monitor, front door duty, and after school program monitors.
PAGE ST. CAMPUS POSITION - Early Childhood Education Center
Supervise and engage in activities with children ages 3 to 5 years.
- Prepare snacks
- Plan activities (sports, arts and crafts) with co-workers
- Active supervision of children (indoor and outdoor)
- Communicate with parents and staff
- Resolve any conflicts by implementing social-emotional learning practices
- Assist children with minor injuries
- Implement school policies and regulations
- Monitor lunch/nap/recess
- Enthusiastic, fast learner, pro-active
- Team-worker with strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with children ages 3-6 years old preferred
- Must have early childhood education units or be willing to enroll
- Eligible to work in the US
- Monday-Thursday from 11:30am to 2pm and 3pm to 5:30pm: Fridays from 11:30am to 1:30pm and 2:15pm to 5:30pm
- Monday-Thursday from 3pm to 5:30pm and Fridays from 2:15pm to 5:30pm
- Additional hours available
The monitor will also be working full time during our week-long school breaks: October 8-12; February 18-22; April 5-12.
We offer $20/hr and a dynamic work environment. Possibilities of career advancement upon qualifications after 1 year. Background check is required including live scan and TB clearance.
Fluency in French a plus but not a requirement.
Please send resume to Yseult Carlucci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
French American International School and International High School is seeking positive, passionate, and knowledgeable coaches for the following positions:
- High School Men’s Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach
- High School Women’s Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach
- High School Women’s Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach
- High School Women’s Volleyball JV Assistant Coach
- Middle School Girls Volleyball Coaches (5-8th)
- Middle School Boys Soccer Coaches (5-8th)
The International Athletic Department operates within the a K-12 independent school setting, working with over 600 students enrolled in grades 5-12. In keeping with the Mission of the School, the Jaguar Athletic experience is a journey, which will be a source of growth, pride and enthusiasm for all members of our community. From the novice to the college-bound athlete, student-athletes have the opportunity to participate in competitive team and individual sports, developing healthy practices of mind, body and character for themselves, their teams and their school.
The ideal candidates will have experience coaching at the high school, college, or club level and should have experience working, playing, or coaching in a value-based athletic program. Select candidates will go through an interview process and full background check.
All head coaches and assistant coaches report directly to the Athletic Director and have the primary responsibility for administering all levels of their sport. The successful candidate will be required to follow the procedures of the High School’s athletic program, as well as those of the International and California Interscholastic Federation.
Communication: Coaches will provide clear communication for student-athletes and families regarding expectations and philosophy.
Player Development: Coaches will assist in the total development of all student-athletes by using positive methods to create an ideal learning environment, therefore helping them through their life journey, not just their athletic journey. Coaches will create and implement a meaningful practice structure to enhance instruction, development, and effective use of time for all members of the team within the program.
Player Evaluation: Coaches will use a holistic approach when evaluating a student-athlete using qualities such as skill, character, integrity, leadership, coach ability, and a love for the sport.
Team Leadership: Coaches will foster an environment that will develop positive leadership qualities both on and off the field of play.
The positions will remain open until qualified candidates are hired.