SPRING SPORTS OVERACHIEVING IN 2023!
Congratulations to all of our spring teams for competing fiercely on the field, diamond, court, pool deck, and track!
- BADMINTON has not found traditional success on the scoreboard, but their enthusiasm, sportsmanship, and camaraderie have won the hearts of everyone who's had the pleasure of watching them play. Our team will celebrate our seniors on 5/2, our last regular season game. And the team will compete in the League Tournament on 5/5 at the East Bay Badminton Center.
- BASEBALL season has been plagued by heavy rain, forcing many games to be postponed or canceled. Despite this setback, the team has refused to let it dampen their spirits or affect their performance. Instead, they've used this extra time to fine-tune their skills, strategize, and come together as a team. After break, the team will start league play and look to make it to the League Championship for the second year in a row in mid May.
- LACROSSE in their first competitive season, has experienced adversity with grace and resilience, never giving up or losing sight of their new love for the game. The bonds they've forged on and off the field will last a lifetime, and the lessons they've learned about perseverance and teamwork will serve them well in all aspects of life. The team's positivity, character, and indomitable spirit make them true champions in every way that counts.
- SWIMMING has shown that they're more than just a group of individual athletes - they're a true team, united in their pursuit of excellence. With each race, they push each other to go faster, further, and stronger than ever before. Their hard work and dedication have paid off in spades, with multiple wins and personal records broken throughout the season. Senior day is 4/21 and our Conference Championship meet is on Saturday, April 29th at Acalanes Pool.
- JV TENNIS and JV VOLLEYBALL are our developmental spring teams. The season was about more than just learning the sport - it was about learning valuable life lessons. As they practiced and competed, the players discovered the importance of teamwork, communication, and commitment. This was more than just a team - it was a group of young people discovering their own potential and learning how to be their best selves.
- VARSITY TENNIS has had an outstanding season, and much of their success can be attributed to their excellent leadership and emerging young talent. The more experienced players on the team showed exceptional leadership skills, providing guidance and mentorship to their younger teammates. Senior day will be 4/19, 3:30 pm at Golden Gate Tennis Club. Our team is working incredibly hard to earn a spot in league team playoffs, and we are sure to see many singles/doubles performances in the League Tournament in early May.
- TRACK & FIELD has had a season to remember, breaking multiple school records and scoring big in league meets. From the very first competition, it was clear that this was a team of exceptional talent and skill. Each athlete brings their own unique strengths to the table, and they were united in their drive to push themselves to new heights. As the season progressed, they shattered record after record, leaving their opponents in awe. We look to pick up and keep momentum as we finish the season and look toward the Section and State Meets.
- VARSITY VOLLEYBALL is undefeated through league play so far. This volleyball team is a force to be reckoned with, with incredible potential just waiting to be unleashed. From the moment they stepped onto the court, it was clear that this was a team of exceptional talent and skill. They moved with grace and precision, delivering powerful spikes and expertly placed serves. Last year, we fell short against Urban in the Championship game, and we are hoping to come out on top this year - Semifinals 4/25 and Championship 4/27, both at Urban. From there, the squad will continue to NCS Tournament.
ANNUAL AWARDS NIGHT- May 20, 6-9 pm- RSVP
Hello Jaguar student-athletes and families! The biggest night in International Athletics is around the corner.
On Saturday, May 20, we invite our 260 student-athletes and families to our Annual Athletics Awards Night, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Dinner will be provided as well! Due to our occupancy restrictions, this will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, so don't delay your RSVP!
We expect the gym to be full to capacity for this special event! RSVP for the event here.
SAVE THE DATE - FALL SPORTS START ON AUGUST 14th!
The fall season will be here before we know it! Men's+ Soccer, Women's+ Tennis, Women's+ Volleyball and Cross Country will start on 8/14! Make sure you're in town for practice evaluations.
All student-athletes must be cleared with their FamilyID registration and current physical to participate in high school athletics.
There is a lot of information for those joining a team. Please refer to our FAQ document or email us to get you started. No question is too big or too small. We are here to help!
HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS SAVE THE DATES
- May 20 - Annual Athletics Awards Night, 6 pm in the Jag Den (high school only)
- Aug 14 - Fall Sports Start
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
150 Oak Street | San Francisco, CA 94102 | (415) 558-2000