Congratulations to our Fall Sports Teams!
The time between mid October and early November is very exciting for our athletic community! Our Jaguars, yet again, have shown excellence on the volleyball court, soccer field, tennis court, cross country course and the San Francisco Bay. Come out and cheer for our student-athletes and coaches as we compete in the postseason.
- Varsity Volleyball will compete in the BCL CENTRAL Playoffs - Wednesday, October 19, 6:30 p.m. at Letterman Gym versus Bay School. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE! From there, the team will apply to enter the D5 North Coast Section tournament, which spans over the next two weeks and could allow our team to travel to opponents all the way up the coast to the Oregon border.
- Varsity Soccer will celebrate Senior Day at their last regular season game this Thursday - October 20, 4:00 p.m. at Crocker Amazon versus Waldorf. The Jaguars stand atop our league with 21 points with JCHS right behind with 18 and Waldorf with 15. The team hopes to earn a championship this fall, which would be the second in a row!
- Varsity Tennis will complete their season the week of 10/31 with the League Individual and Doubles Tournament at Golden Gate Tennis Courts. Led by senior leaders, the top finishers of the season will represent our team against teams across the city and Marin.
- Our X-Country runners have been logging in many miles this fall - having competed in two meets over the October break and an upcoming league meet this week. Congratulations to our runners and coaches for their dedication to improvement and a growth mindset. The season will culminate on 11/4, 3:30 p.m. at Linley Meadow for the League Championship meet and Senior Celebration Day!
- Sailing traveled to Monterey over the break to compete in a regatta against schools across the state! They were met with fog and little wind, but used their tactics to compete valiantly.
Lastly, we are grateful for our Frosh Volleyball, JV Volleyball, JV Tennis and JV Soccer players for their efforts this season. Offering introductory options for our student-athletes gives them an opportunity to hone in on fundamentals, leadership skills, and understand competitive athletics in an environment safe to learn.
Winter Sports Start on MONDAY, OCTOBER 31.
Make sure you're cleared to play!
The winter season is starting very soon! Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, and Women's Soccer seasons begin on OCTOBER 31st; Club Skiing will start a bit later. Make sure you're cleared to play! Winter Student-Athletes and Families, please join the Athletic Department and your coaches at the Winter Sport Information Meeting next Thursday - November 3rd, 6:30- 8:00 p.m. in MPR 5.
All student-athletes must be cleared with their FamilyID registration and current physical to participate in high school athletics.
- Make the choice to get involved! We don't make cuts at International, and we offer multiple team levels.
- Sign up and create a profile on Family ID
- Submit your yearly doctor's physical. Please attach your physical to the FamilyID profile or email as an attachment to Assistant Athletic Director, David Henriquez.
- Check your team page for the season schedule. Practices schedules are being finalized, but all student-athletes can expect to have a 5-6 day a week commitment in the afternoons/evenings, with Saturday events for all basketball teams. The winter season runs until mid- late February, depending on playoffs.
- Purchase team gear. Please fill out and attach or email order to Assistant Athletic Director, David Henriquez.
- Check The PASSPORT to PLAY to make sure you're cleared to play.
There is a lot of information for those joining a team. Please refer to our FAQ document or email us to get you started. No question is too big or too small. We are here to help!
SAVE THE DATE: WINTER FAN JAM!
Jag Nation, you came out and made the difference in our fall games versus crosstown rival Bay School. We hope you can join us for our Winter Event on Friday, January 20!
- 4:00 p.m. - Women's+ Varsity Basketball in the JAG DEN
- 5:30 p.m. - Men's+ Varsity Basketball in the JAG DEN
- 7:30 p.m. - Women's+ Varsity Soccer at Margaret Hayward/ James Lang Field (Golden Gate Ave. and Gough St.).
We will have give-a-ways, snacks, and lots of spirit. JJ the Jaguar will be there and we all hope to see you there too, Jag FANS!
- November 3 (6:30-8:00 p.m. in MPR 5) - Fall Athletics Information Night: Come learn more about the Athletic Department, meet your coaches, ask questions, purchase team gear/ spirit wear and more!
- January 20 (4:00-9:00 p.m.) - Kick off the new year in spirit! Come watch our Varsity Soccer and Varsity Basketball teams play against crosstown rivals, Bay School here in Hayes Valley. Enjoy some snacks, get our one-of-a-kind fan give-a-ways and support your JAGS!
- February 6 - First day of Spring Sports - Badminton, Baseball, Women's+ Lacrosse, Men's+ Tennis, Men's+ Volleyball, Swimming, Track & Field
- May 20 - Annual Athletics Awards Night (high school)
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
150 Oak Street | San Francisco, CA 94102 | (415) 558-2000