CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINTER SPORTS TEAMS FOR A GREAT SEASON!
Congratulations to all three of our winter Varsity teams for earning a spot in the playoffs!
- Varsity Soccer is undefeated so far in league - 5-0 (7-3-2 overall) with 4 more league games to go! Our team, led by returning League MVP and team captain, Isabelle Bernal, is a dominant force on the field. We are averaging 4 goals per match, and the team camaraderie is second-to-none. Join us on 2/8, 4 pm at Beach Chalet as the Jaguars celebrate our seniors in the seasonal Senior Day. We take on Drew School. Based on our regular season performances, we will likely earn a spot in the BCL Central Championship - mark your calendars for 2/10, 3:30 pm at Beach Chalet.
- Men's+ Varsity Basketball is staying strong through a demanding schedule. Our Jaguars are 5-2 in league with 3 games left. Eli Hayeems leads the team in scoring with an average of 20.4 points per game. However, the entire team will be responsible for bringing home a back-to-back championship if the Jaguars earn one this February. Our senior day will be Saturday, February 4th at 4 pm versus Gateway in the Jaguar Den. League Semi-Finals will be on Thursday, February 9th at Kezar Pavilion (time tbd) and if we win, we advance to League Finals, Saturday, February 11th at 6 pm, also at Kezar.
- Women's+ Varsity Basketball team, once again, is dominating the BCL-Central! The team is thrashing through league play with 7-0 so far and 13-4 overall this season. This squad shows an unrelenting desire to defeat every opponent they face. There are many weapons on the Jags offense, but their defense shuts down most opponents. The Jaguars have only allowed an average of 28 points per game versus their adversaries. Our senior day will be Saturday, February 4th at 2:30 pm versus Gateway in the Jaguar Den. League Semi-Finals will be on Thursday, February 9th at Kezar Pavilion (time tbd) and if we win, we advance to League Finals, Saturday, February 11th at 8 pm, also at Kezar.
- Our Frosh Blue Basketball, Frosh Red Basketball, JV Basketball and JV Soccer teams are finishing their seasons this week. Our focus for Frosh and JV teams are to gain confidence, skills and life lessons through their season experience. We also hope that every member of our teams enjoy the season and want to come back next year. The foundation for our program is strong and our student-athletes and coaches have been working tremendously hard on their craft. All four teams should be very proud!
Club Sailing wrapped up their season earlier this month after a calm City Championship at the St. Francis Yacht Club. Although the wind wasn't cooperating with our sailors at this event, the team had an incredible season. Sophomore Tristan De Halleux recounts the season, "From local competitions to nationwide tournaments, it's been a whirlwind of excitement and adventure on the water. Through strong team spirit and determination, we were able to get our highest score at the Long Beach Regatta."
Club Ski Team has also started their season strong with the first race in the books. The team will continue to compete up in Tahoe through March with an amazing group of competitors.
SPRING SPORTS START SOON -
Make sure you're cleared to play!
The spring season is starting very soon! Badminton, Baseball, Swimming, Track & Field, Men's+ Tennis, Men's+ Volleyball, and Women's+ Lacrosse are all looking for more to join the rosters! Make sure you're cleared to play! Spring Student-Athletes and Families, please join the Athletic Department for the Spring Sport Information Meeting next TUESDAY - February 7th, 6:30- 7:30 pm in via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/92088607940
All student-athletes must be cleared with their FamilyID registration and current physical to participate in high school athletics.
- Sign up and create a profile on Family ID
- Submit your yearly doctor's physical. Please attach your physical to the FamilyID profile or email as an attachment to Assistant Athletic Director, David Henriquez.
- Check your team page for the season schedule - Fall Schedules will be up in June.
- Purchase team gear. Please fill out and attach or email order to Assistant Athletic Director, David Henriquez. Team Gear will be available for purchase over the summer.
- Check THE PASSPORT TO PLAY to make sure you're cleared to play. Note - this link does not automatically update. It takes 1-2 business days to manually update.
- FOR THE FIRST DAY, meet in the CAFE (basement level) at 4:30 pm for a brief orientation before going off to the rest of your first day.
There is a lot of information for those joining a team. Please refer to our FAQ document or email us to get you started. No question is too big or too small. We are here to help!
Thank you for all your support at our FAN JAM!
Jaguar Nation, we want to thank you for all your support in the Jag Den and at the soccer pitch during our WINTER FAN JAM! We had a great fan turnout and school spirit that evening. It made all three victories over The Bay School that much sweeter!
Many thanks for our photographers who took amazing pictures of the event. Check out our mega-gallery here.
We hope to see you in February and the spring out cheering on our student-athletes and coaches!
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
150 Oak Street | San Francisco, CA 94102 | (415) 558-2000