13TH ANNUAL ATHLETICS AWARDS NIGHT - SATURDAY, 5/21, 6:30 pm
Student-Athletes and Families, please join us for our big event! We haven't been able to hold this event in person for many years, and we are so excited to bring in back to celebrate this amazing year in Jaguar Athletics! All vaccinated members of the family are welcome. We will provide dinner, but please make sure to bring a dessert or beverage to share. At this time, we will be checking vaccinations for the event, so make sure to bring your vaccination card with you and show it at the door.
PLEASE RSVP HERE
BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TOMORROW!
Congratulations to our Varsity Baseball team for earning a spot in the BCL-Central Championship - tomorrow, 3:30 pm at West Sunset versus The Bay School. We went 7-3 in league play, and look to avenge regular season losses to the Breakers. Our Jaguars are led by two talented seniors and a hungry group of underclass student-athletes.
We will have a FAN BUS available for high school students and faculty/staff. Meet at the blacktop after school, and the bus will depart promptly at 3:45 pm to make the game! Signups are limited to the first 50, so sign up here now!
RALLY TOWEL GIVE-A-WAY TO ALL JAGUAR FANS IN ATTENDANCE!
GOOD LUCK TO OUR NORTH COAST SECTION BOUND TEAMS!
Our Badminton team has had some great battles this season, and some of the best are to come this Saturday. Good luck to our four student-athletes who will be representing the Jaguars in the East Bay for the North Coast Section Division Two Tournament. Keep up the great work, Coach Laurent, Coach Lucy, Coach Julien and Griffin Dold, Gina Hack, Ava Lee-Green and Edgar Gusching!
TRACK & FIELD:
Our runners and jumpers have been making some loud noise at meets and invitationals all spring! Congratulations to the whole team for Personal Records and outstanding performances at League Championships last week. A special shout out goes out to Sophomore Nairobi Smith for shattering the league record in the W 200 with a time of 24.66. Several teammates will be joining her, competing at the North Coast Section Class A Meet this Saturday in the North Bay!
- Nairobi Smith - W 200m, 4x400m Relay
- Kaisa Hanni - W 300H, LJ, 4x400m Relay
- Bella Trousset - W 4x400m Relay
- Liz Marmer - W 4x400m Relay
- Zhi Orlikowski - M LJ, 4x100m Relay
- Ross Hills - M 4x400m Relay
- Nikolai Harris - M 400m, 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay
- Cameron Levy - M 200m, 4x400m Relay
- Jakobi Smith - M 100m, 200m, 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay
CONGRATS TO ALL SPRING STUDENT-ATHLETES!
- MEN'S VOLLEYBALL: In their first official high school season, our Varsity Volleyball team performed exceptionally! They competed hard in league to earn a spot in the BCL Central Playoffs, ultimately succumbing to a formidable Urban School. Despite this tough game, the team made a strong run in Sections - competing up until the quarterfinals! With an eager JV Team and a big roster returning, the team looks to be even stronger next year!
- SWIMMING: Our squad made some waves in 2022 after nearly two years of being on hold because of COVID restrictions. The Swim Team spirit was as high as ever and they competed hard against the Bay Area Counties Conference. The Conference Championship Meet was a fantastic outing for all swimmers, especially our new members of the team!
- WOMEN'S LACROSSE: In the first time, International has offered Women's LAX in a club format. The student-athletes, mostly beginners in this sport, were able to come and try out a new activity. Skills were built and rules were taught. We hope to offer this team in a full, league format next year with some seasoned veterans!
MEN'S TENNIS: Fielding a full JV and Varsity squad, our Tennis teams focused on improving their skills and creating a fun community. Our Varsity players, Grant Garland and Joseph Loeffler, had a run during the backdraw Doubles Tournament. They made it to the semi-final game. We are graduating a lot of seniors on this squad, and we will miss their distinct personalities and flair.
FALL/ WINTER SEASON INFORMATION
Summer opportunities will be out within the next few weeks, but for now, please save the dates for the start of our FALL and WINTER seasons.
- Men's+ Soccer & Women's+ Volleyball - August 8
- Women's+ Tennis & Cross Country - August 15
- Fall Athletic Orientation - ALL Freshman and Team Captains ONLY - August 15
- Fall Sports Info Meeting - August 18, 6:30 pm
- Fall Fan Jam - Sept 9 (times and locations TBC)
- Basketball + Women's+ Soccer - October 31
- Winter Sports Information Night - November 3
FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
150 Oak Street | San Francisco, CA 94102 | (415) 558-2000