Halloween was such a great day last week. We want to thank all those parents who came and helped out with activities or with distributing goodies to the children. It is such a nice thing to see families involved in the school and partnering with teachers to make this experience the best possible for students.
News and reflections from the Maternelle, our early learning center.
Our staff came back early from October Break to work on topics such as collaboration, diversity and inclusion, student learning, and sharing teaching practices, in order to offer the best experience possible for children and our community.
At school, recess serves as a necessary break for students to be able to succeed in the classroom. It offers cognitive, social, emotional, and physical benefits. At the Maternelle, we have great playgrounds with fun activities available several times per day.
Students have many opportunities to learn throughout the day. This can happen during informal times such as recess and lunch, in workshops, or at circles (or "regroupement" in French) and all are a vital part of their day. Circle time is usually short and the learning objectives are different depending on when it happens.
- Aims to put students in control of their own learning while motivating their critical thinking, intellectual exploration, and creativity.
- Believes firmly in the benefits of inter-culturalism and collaboration with students, teachers, and families.
- Received her teaching certificate from the Académie de Montpellier.
- Worked as a teacher and an administrator for many years in France, Texas, and New York.
- Worked with handicapped students before coming to the United States.