We appreciate the support of our community as we work to meet the challenge of COVID-19. Please take a moment to read the message from our Head of School and know that we will be in touch as the situation develops. As always, be assured that our children's safety is our priority. In class, we make sure everyone washes hands as they enter the classroom and we continue to wash hands regularly. An interesting resource to use at home: How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus?
News and reflections from the Maternelle, our early learning center.
In the Maternelle, we establish a strong conceptual basis for numeracy and mathematics. We focus on conceptualizing, more than memorizing algorithms. We strive to challenge their thinking, encourage them to play with numbers, figure out real-life problems, and play games with numbers in a meaningful way.
In class, teachers and students have been reminded to wash their hands from PK3 to 12! At the Maternelle, children have been practicing every day and singing songs to remember the proper way to wash their hands.
It was very exciting to meet all the families last night regarding the first overnight field trip for our Kindergarteners. This night of camping is the beginning of a global traveling journey that will take students across California and all the way to France in 5th grade. Children get extraordinary opportunities to enhance their learning outside the classroom and to actively use their linguistic skills.
- Aims to put students in control of their own learning while motivating their critical thinking, intellectual exploration, and creativity.
- Believes firmly in the benefits of inter-culturalism and collaboration with students, teachers, and families.
- Received her teaching certificate from the Académie de Montpellier.
- Worked as a teacher and an administrator for many years in France, Texas, and New York.
- Worked with handicapped students before coming to the United States.